You’ve set your goals…now what? What do you plan to do differently this year to ensure that you actually reach your goals? Are you tired of just carrying them over from year to year…slightly disappointed for lack of achievement, yet a little bit hopeful that this year will be different?
Take some time to consider for a moment… “How can I make this year better than the last and actually accomplish my goals?”
As entrepreneurs, we are passionate about our business and very hopeful to achieve great things. Whether you’re a solo-preneur or have your own team, you start out believing you can manage it all. You’ve made your goals, set a strategy…but as the days go by…you have yet to implement your plan of action.
The actual work of carrying out your plan from beginning to end alludes you…and you’re quickly starting to see that you’re spinning your wheels and still in the same predicament you were in last year.
There may be many reasons why you haven’t been able to implement your plan or reach your goals but the main reason is the lack of accountability.
Accountability is what separates the super successful entrepreneurs and leaders from the mediocre.
I’m sure you can relate to trying to reach the same goal over and over again…by yourself with no help and getting little to no results. Let’s take your health for instance (since this is a common New Year resolution). Studies show that the person who actually achieves weight loss and transition into a healthier lifestyle is the person who connected into some form of accountability program. It could be hiring a trainer, joining a health club, hiring a nutritionist, etc. It’s something about having to answer to another person for your actions that motivates you to stay on track with your goals.
Just as we need accountability to reach our health goals, we need accountability to run successful businesses.
2013 is the year that you can live your dreams and become the successful entrepreneur you want to be. It could be your year of tremendous change and gain for your business.
Your ultimate success in 2013 depends heavily on your accountability system that you have in place. You need someone to help you take a dream, develop it into goals, work out a strategy and execute a plan. Otherwise you run the risk of going through the next 12 months getting nothing but the same results of past years…
There should be someone in your circle of influence that you can confide in about your goals and enlist help from—preferably someone who has already achieved what you are aiming to do.
Successful business owners most often enlist a coach or participate in group coaching programs to gain accountability and reach their goals. The benefits of accountability relations are many but I’ll give five here:
5 Benefits To Having Accountability.
1. Accountability accelerates your performance. When you connect with a coach (one-on-one or in a program) you can work the kinks out of your plan, develop a sure-fire winning strategy and execute with confidence, knowing you have been guided by the best to achieve your goals.
2. Accountability helps you measure your success and progress. A good coach will help you define what success looks like and set milestones to measure your progress along the way. You can easily track how close you are to reaching your goals.
3. Accountability keeps you engaged. There are things that will come up that will distract you from your goals and take you off course. Even when you’re bored, distracted or tired, knowing that you have to answer for your progress will keep you going to the finish line.
4. Accountability will keep you responsible. When you are working with someone who pushes you to make massive changes in a short amount of time and give a report…you finally realize that you are ultimately responsible for how much progress you make every day. Accounting for your actions weekly will cause you to take a good look at yourself, start eliminating the excuses and start making deliberate actions that bring about your intended success.
5. Accountability will validate your thoughts and ideas. When you have someone to be accountable to you can silence your inner critic and bounce your ideas off someone else who can help you make sound decisions and give you constructive advice.
Start Now. Start Fast.
Creating and establishing accountability doesn’t have to be a long drawn out process. In fact, here’s three simple steps to starting your year with accountability.
1. Find a purpose partner to keep you accountable. Tell your purpose partner what you intend to do so you can be accountable. Allow them to ask you about your progress and be careful to give straight forward answers—with no excuses.
2. Become personally accountable for your success. Personal responsibility will shift your perspective and empower you to eradicate the excuses that may be holding you up.
3. Get a mentor or a coach. As I mentioned earlier, with a mentor or coach, you will accelerate your success, break through limitations and achieve much more than you ever can on your own. At some point you must consider getting this caliber of assistance to truly blast past the mediocrity and into high-level achievement.
If you are ready to have a big breakout year and truly want to do more than you have in years past, then join the Go Big Coaching Program to accelerate your success right now. It is eight weeks of extreme accountability to ensure massive action that results in massive income. The entire program is set up on accountability. From daily emails, to accountability tracker forms and income trackers, plus weekly lessons with action steps… You will do more in 8 weeks than you have in 8 years.
My client Roz gained three new clients in her first week in the Go Big Coaching Program. She also published her first book and got it in major bookstores while in the program. For Roz, she stepped out of her comfort zone, shifted her thinking about marketing and taking fast action and as a result her new clients were referring clients. Roz made more money, gained more clients, landed more contracts in the first two months of the year than she had ever done in her business.
What is your big goal that you want to accomplish? Get in the Go Big Coaching Program if you are ready to start each day with a ‘win’. You’ll have the opportunities to set extraordinary goals, raise the bar on your personal performance and push through to gain ground daily. We’re talking extreme success right now. This is the proper way to start your year…STRONG with an AGGRESSIVE approach to achieving your goals. You’ll up-level your mindset and your money in just 8 short weeks. Go here for more details and register today.
Showing up is also a BIG KEY to your accountability and success track.
Mark showed up to a live event, made a 90 day monetary goal and exceeded that number in his business in the first 60 days. He attributes his success to being at the event, hearing the information up close and personal, having a strict strategy to implement in his business…he also made several new connections and created a support system with other attendees. Some people attend live events, hear just what they needed to ramp up their business and goals, make the right connection to help them get it done and leave with the confidence and know-how to take their business and life to a whole new level.
I am coming to a city near you this year and I want to meet you, shake your hand and help you transform your business and life…face to face. There’s nothing like in-person coaching. It’s your opportunity to get first hand information, inspiration and instruction to improve your life and goals. Plus, you’ll be among several like-minded business owners and leaders who you can form lasting relationships with!
Now it’s your turn to start this year with extreme accountability, taking fast action, and zeroing in on your number one focus to achieve your greatest desires. It’s time you do what it takes to get radical results fast in your business and life. If this article has helped you in any way…get started winning with us now. Here are your two opportunities to take immediate action and ensure your success this year: