BED RACES ON BEACON, Sunday August 17, 2014
and… Stroller Races!
The ladies of Sidney Meet Up Network of Women in business will be in the race and we fully expect to win.
Below is a picture of us at our very first top secret meeting planning out our strategy.
We will be accepting donations to sponsor us and all of the proceeds will go to Resthaven Lodge so come down that day and cheer us on.
In support of Palliative Care at Rest Haven Lodge12pm-4pmBed Race Team (5-10 people) Entry Fee $500.00 Bed race spots are limited and will sell out on a first come basis, call today to register! CONTACT INFORMATION: Brenda Hennigar 250-656-0717 Ext: 428 Email: email@example.com
- by Steven Heywood – Peninsula News Review
- posted Jul 31, 2014 at 3:00 PMPodmore, a Sidney town councillor and Town Crier, issued a challenge to the community on behalf of his employer, the Sidney Pier Hotel, for people to enter the Bed Races on Beacon coming up Sunday, August 17. Young, the founder of Sidney Meet Up, a Network of Women in Business, said she just knew she had to convince her group to enter.Sidney Meet Up, she said, does a lot of good work in the community and a lot of fundraising for local causes and charitable organizations. The bed races, she said, were a way to do that and have a lot of fun.Bed Races on Beacon take place Aug. 17 at the east end of the main street. A portion of the road will be closed that day to allow for the event.To learn more or to sign up a team, contact Hennigar at 250-656-0717.
- Brenda Hennigar, executive director of the Rest Haven Foundation, serving Sidney’s Rest Haven Lodge, says the races will be fun for the whole family. They are also designed to help raise money for the lodge’s palliative care facilities.
- Adopting the name Bedbugs, Sidney Meet Up is getting ready for the challenge — and costumes are in the works.
- “And it’s for a good cause as well,” she said.
- Cheryl Young blames Kenny Podmore.