House fires – please read !!!!! Do you have a Glade Plug in

Cheryl – Maybe upload to the SMU FB page?

Vera Young,  CAIB

Branch Manager Sidney, BC

Western Financial Group

105-2506 Beacon Ave, Sidney, BC   V8L 1Y2

Phone: 250-656-2668  EXT 204  / 1-855-656-2668  FAX 250-656-2608

www.westernfinancialgroup.ca

vera.young@westernfg.ca

 

fire v

 

Insurance is a wonderful thing when it works but read the cause of this fire – you may be surprised
This photo was taken at the scene of a house fire that occurred ..

House fires – please read !!!!!

Received from a friend who is in the insurance property business. It is well worth reading.

This is one of those e-mails that if you don’t send it, rest assured someone on your list will suffer for not reading it. The original message was written by a lady whose brother and wife learned a hard lesson this past week.

Their house burnt down.. nothing left but ashes. They have good insurance so the house will be replaced and most of the contents. That is the good news.

However, they were sick when they found out the cause of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom. She listed the normal things…curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying to her, ‘No, this would be something that would disintegrate at high temperatures’. Then her sister-in-lawremembered she had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.

The investigator had one of those ‘Aha’ moments. He said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more house fires started with the plug-in type room fresheners than anything else. He said the plastic they are made from is THIN. He also said that in every case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed. When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs left from the plug-in were still in there.

Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would come back on. That is a warning sign

The investigator said he personally wouldn’t have any type of plug in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many places that have been burned down due to them.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE

PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE’S HOUSE,

BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE’S LIFE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s