Public speaking is one of the best ways to build your network by making yourself visible to large groups of people.
Unfortunately, to some degree, many people are afraid of public speaking.
I’ve stood in front of groups of people and given speeches and presentations all over the world, and I’ll be the first to admit that standing in front of an audience and talking while all eyes are on you can sometimes be intimidating.
That’s no reason to miss out on the amazing opportunity to grow your network through public speaking.
Here are five suggestions for people who are nervous doing presentations at their networking groups or otherwise:
1. Prepare an outline of what you want to say and practice it.
2. Be specific and only talk about the things you know best.
3. Use handouts, visuals or PowerPoint slides to help carry you through the talk.
4. You’re the expert–think of ways to show it that aren’t threatening to you.
5. Be creative and think of ways you’re comfortable with to communicate your information.See More